Did you know that in a typical Easton, PA, household, providing heating and hot water accounts for more than half the money spent on fuel bills?
Since the year 2001 energy costs have dramatically increased – especially natural gas and oil – and more recently they have come down again. In 2009, the average natural gas price for the United States soared to $2.02 per thermal – nearly a 300% increase in eight years. While the prices of fossil fuels such as natural gas and oils have since come down considerably, it is a real possibility that they could start fluctuating again into the future.
Upgrading to an energy efficient and cost effective heating system is essential for households that want to ensure that their expenses don’t rise and fall as these prices fluctuate. It may be a costly outlay, but the cost savings in the long term will be significant.
When to replace your heating system
Your local HVAC contractor can help you to select the best high-efficiency water heater, boiler replacement, or furnace replacement for your needs. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, these are signs that you should consider replacing your heating system:
- Your heat pump is more than 10 years old.
- Your furnace or boiler is more than 15 years old.
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up.
- Some rooms in your home are too hot or too cold.
- No one is home for long periods of the day and you do not have a programmable thermostat.
- Your home has humidity problems.
- Your home is excessively dusty.
- Your heating system is noisy.
For peace of mind when upgrading your heating system, contact Edwin Stipe, Inc for a free estimate today. Our 120 years’ experience in Easton, PA, means we can assist you with a system that suits your requirements best. As an additional incentive, we offer financing, service plans, and various coupons.